The final game in gold and black for the seniors in front of the R-A faithful. Purdue ends the season at home with a chance to make a bowl game and a chance to take their rivals behind the shed to get to a better location and time.
|For once, no embarrassing picture, this is just too awesome.|
For now, the other farm boys are getting the 'Can-o-Kerosene' under their hides.
- The two teams haven't met since 2008; three years ago this week Iowa won by 5
- Purdue hasn't won a senior day since IU in 2008 - The 62 to 10
- Official colors are Black and Old Gold...
- Established in 1847, no source found for when they adopted colors
- We did not copy their colors, we stole the idea of Princeton's orange and black, but the trustees thought orange was hideous.
- Established less than 2 months after Iowa was made a state
- called State University of Iowa, not called University of Iowa until 1964
- First state university to recognize GLBTQ individuals and admit women at an equal rate as men
- I feel bad including this, but I have never heard this fact and I don't think many of you have either - highlight to read if you would like
- Lesser known victim of a campus shooting in 1991, shooter felt his doctorate dissertation should have been praised higher
- In 2009 - tied with Purdue and UConn for 66th best school in the US
- The Iowa river flows through campus
- In 2010 - Princeton's Review rated Iowa the 4th best party school in the nation
- The mascot is Herky the Hawk
- '97 - Tossed water on a Minnesota band member during below freezing temperatures; was rewarded by getting in a fist fight with another band member and breaking the 40 year old mascot head which the Minnesota band took pieces of as trophies
- 2010 - the Captain America picture from above debuted against MSU
- Hawkeyes name comes from the book Last of the Mohicans
- Kinnick football stadium is named for Iowa's lone Heisman winner who died in a training flight during WWII
- In 1970, the university asked the Steelers for permission to model their uniforms after the Pittsburgh Steelers unis
- The Fondue - Butterscotch Fondue