The night train is a comin' it's home coming weekend. So let's sober up and put on a smile for the alumni as they return to watch the boys take on U of I. The fighting Illini are in the melting pot on this week's Fact Fondue.
Hash Tag for the week is #silenceIllinois. Join us on Twitter, where U and I can make no difference.
- Official school colors are Illini Blue and Illini Orange...
- They, like us, are a land grant university.
- Along with this, they have the Lincoln Theater with a bust of Lincoln. Students rub this nose as well. Ours is located in the Union.
- The library system is the third largest in the nation - behind Harvard and Yale
- They actually have turtles as the trophy for the Illinois/OSU rivaly - each school raises their own.
- Sachem - Illinois
- Bucket and Dipper - OSU
- They celebrate a fake St. Pat's day because the real one falls during Spring Break.
- They have a Huff Hall
- They developed Mosaic - the world's first web browser
- Famous Alumni
- Dick Butkus (Linebacker, HOFer)
- Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers)
- 6 Astronauts - 0 since '92
- The Fondue - Bittersweet Chocolate-Orange Fondue