I'm not dead yet! Just alumni status now; naturally I'm getting slower.
We didn't face MSU this year during the football season, so I felt it was time to dust off the long forks and stab something. Sparty time.
|Tell me your fantasies Dickie V...|
- First Morrill Act school - Government granting land/funding/approval to state schools that will focus on AG, manufacturing; how Purdue was approved
- Largest Study Abroad program for a single campus University in the country - programs on all continents; yes even Antarctica
- 9th Largest US University
- MSU is the 6th name for the school, adopted in 1964. It was originally Agriculture College of the State of Michigan
- Michigan State has a campus in Dubai.
- They offer a degree in Packaging
- 2003 - Played Kentucky in the Basketbowl - most attended College Basketball game of all time
- This year played NC on a naval carrier - if you didn't catch that
- Rumored to be scheduling a game with USC to be held in the Roman Coliseum - Spartans and Trojans
- The last team to beat us at home before Wisconsin did it last week...
- That was the first game without Robbie after the first ACL tear
- The Student section, the Izzone is our rival for Coaches v Cancer
- Made it to..
- 3 Title games - won 2
- 8 final fours
- 11 Elite 8
- 15 Sweet 16s
- Tom Izzo has the highest win percentage at MSU since 1910
- The court in The Breslin Center is the actual floor the team won the 2000 NCAA tournament on.
- Famous Alumni
- Founder of QuickenLoans (hence why they now sponsor BTN), Dan Gilbert
- Chris Hansen
- Robert Mugabe was issued an honorary degree in 90 which was stripped in 2008.
- Magic Johnson
- Plaxico Burress
- Tom Bodett - "We'll leave the light on for ya"
- The Fondue - Green and White Chocolate