|And they wanted to change Pete?|
Edited to include a few more awesome facts
- Established in 1912 - the year the Titanic sank
- Official Colors are Union Blue and Confederate Grey
- Purdue is 1-0 against Conference USA ('01 defeated Cinci)
- 1-2-0 against the Black and Gold. Their only victory? In 1934.
- 5-16 against the Big 10; haven't beat a B1G team since 1997 (Northwestern)
- Have a historic study area officially named the Weenie Loft..
- Students are held to an honor code for exams - students take unproctored exams at home.
- Rice football was mentioned by JFK in his Man to the Moon speech; He used Rice playing Texas annually as an example of something challenging and hard (That's what she said?)
- Their Punter, Kyle Martins was an All American last year. We have something in common I see.
- 5 Miles away from University of Houston
- Purdue Alumni Association is doing a breakfast club at the Coach's Pub this week
- Rice has an official drinking event - The Beer Bike Rice
- Sammy the Owl was ejected from a game in 2009 for bumping an official.
- Rice has 14 astronauts
- Bob Greise won the 1974 Superbowl (VIII) at Rice Stadium
- Rice uses the same field technology - FieldTurf - as Nebraska, Illinois, U of M, O$U
- The Fondue of the week - Southwestern Spicy Fondue