Wow, way to show up, Ole Miss, Okie State, Utah, etc., and so forth. Good gracious. Lots of weird performances. Poll is here, with explanation after.
|Last week's ballot|
- Yes, I dropped Bama a spot. Screw it. They almost got beat by Auburn and if they wind up beating Florida Saturday they'll get plenty of love and I'll admit they belong higher.
- In the meantime, TCU gets some love from me. They continue to dominate and make no mistake, they're a very good team.
- Shaky or downright lousy performances by Pitt, G-Tech, Ole Miss, UNC and Utah cause some shakeups and some teams that didn't even play get to rise as a result. I kind of hate it when that happens because you shouldn't improve by not playing, but this is the stupid system we have.
- I wanted to move Houston up even more after hanging 73 on Rice (59 in the first half), but hey, it was Rice.
- The winner of Oregon-Oregon State will likely jump PSU and OSU in my ballot.
- As I glance at this, I feel like LSU is too high, but I'm not sure where to put them. They haven't impressed me all season and have lost every tough matchup they've had and have been close in too many that they should have run away with.
- BYU makes a triumphant return. Not because I think they're awesome, but because they handled Utah and they're a ten-win team. Hard to ignore ten wins.
- Same goes for Central Michigan. Especially with so many other schools losing, CMU's 10-2 (8-0 in conference) mark is worthy of respect.
As usual, I'm sure I made some errors. And this week was particularly tough, given all the losses by ranked teams, rivalry games, teams not playing, etc. Feel free to share your thoughts.